Monday, December 5

I've been having a little trouble...

...with sugar cravings lately.

Most of the time I'm eating healthy snacks - fruit, veggies, crackers, organic ice cream - but lately (as in since Thanksgiving or maybe Halloween) I've been craving the hard stuff. Sour Straws, Oreos, Chocolates, PBMnM's, Cookies & Cream chocolate bars, ice cream, cool-aide type drinks, just SUGAR. Which is weird because at Thanksgiving I gave myself the go ahead to eat whatever the heck I wanted - I had pop (I never have pop), candy, desserts, etc. And because of it I felt immensely sick and I'm surprised I didn't get a sugar headache. As I think about it I realize that it really started around Halloween. We had lots of sugar/candy around because of trick or treaters and I started bringing a small amount to school each day. Now I absolutely crave sugar around 2 o'clock pm. And if it doesn't get filled I just have to give in bigger later.

When in reality I just need some natural sugar (grapes, banana, strawberries, orange, apple) to get me through the slough time when I really want to lay down in the hallway and take a nap. Not to mention eating some good, healthy, and whole grain/veggie meals every two hours to keep my mood and energy up.

This article gives some good ideas to curb that sugar craving.

  • Chew gum. Sugar free gum.
  • Walk away. Literally go for a walk.
  • Meditate.
  • Try to eliminate other sugars from your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment