Tuesday, September 27

MY Health Quest

A few weeks ago I decided to sign up for the nutrition and stress management health quest at UVU. I emailed the group and they got right back to me. I went today for my first consultation. We set up our appointment to fit my schedule and for the two classes together it is $16. At this first appointment we filled out some forms (as in, sleep habits? stressors? eating habits?) and formed some positive and specific goals. My first goal was to drink 3L of water every day (this is equivalent to 10 cups and 8 is the general idea of enough, although - I should probably drink more). To do this I fill up my 1.5L water bottle every morning and try to drink it before I eat breakfast. Then I fill it up again to drink with dinner. I find that I actually get thirstier when I drink more and it makes me realize how much water I really need to get by in the day (be ready for bathroom breaks). My second goal - which we will work on throughout the semester was to get out of bed every morning. Getting to class is really hard for me. My third goal is to understand nutrition better, especially portion sizes and labels, basically set my ideas of nutrition in stone. It was really nice to have someone to talk to about my eating habits and stressors and just get it out there. She had some really good suggestions and was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment