Wednesday, October 26

Looking for a different way to heal?

Then you've come to the right place.

In THIS article gives a lot of examples about different ways to heal yourself or to get healed. Check it out!

I clicked on a few from each category just to get myself acquainted with some new ways of keeping myself healthy. First of all is acupressure (includes acupuncture and shiatsu massage). I have actually been thinking about doing acupuncture and honestly - I'm scared to death to try it. People sticking needles in me? Sounds a little like walking on a bed of needles or fire....completely idiotic. However, people have lived through it and it worked. All three of these are based on chi or your body's energy. This energy flows down meridians in your body and acupressure uses those meridians to help balance out your chi, which helps cure you because sickness comes from imbalance of your chi. (I'll have to think about this one for a longer period of time before I try it.....)

Now MEDITATION is something I've wanted to try for sometime, however I usually cannot focus, fall asleep, or just cannot bring myself to do it. But you know what? I need meditation. I'm going to start meditating. Every night before I go to bed I need to meditate and clear everything from my mind and body. I think it will help me get to sleep as well as sleep better. Check the link to learn how to do it.

When I read "humor therapy" I thought - yeah! I would love to do that. But then while I was reading it I realized that I already have humor therapy. My husband. He always seems to make something funny or make me laugh even when I do not want to laugh. He has seriously mad skills in this area. Laughter helps the  immune system, makes you feel more in control, makes life more manageable, and releases stress, fear, and anger. I really need to laugh at myself more and to not take life so seriously. So....laugh on.

Homeopathy. Or in lay terms - your body can heal itself. This post I do not agree with. I believe that the body has the ability to heal itself if you give it the right tools (nutrition, rest, exercise, sunlight, herbs) however I have never tried homeopathy and giving a very small dose of an herb seems like it would do little to nothing if you do not understand the underlying reason for the disease/illness.

The healing touch is used widely by nurses. I suppose it would be helpful, however - actually touching someone seems like it would help a whole lot more. While I believe that people are naturally healthy and just need to remove the things in their life that are causing them to be ill - not touching someone while healing touching them seems.....weird. Kind of like someone watching you. Stalkerish-like.

While I like this article because it gives a lot of examples of different ways of healing. I dislike that they only have short summaries of what the therapy is - not how to do it or where to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment