Monday, October 31

UVU - Health Quest

Stress Relief in Four Weeks - Week 1:  Self Massage Techniques

This is the best thing short of an actual massage or someone else massaging you. Massage yourself! Obviously, its not going to be completely relaxing however something is better than nothing! I've been trying to do one of these every class period while I listen in class. It is so nice, it helps me get through classes and not be so antsy to get out of class.

First up - self massaging your shoulders. This is my favorite one and the easiest one to do while taking notes and listening. Concentrate on breathing (deeply and let it flow) and get those tender spots. Your neck and shoulders are MAIN areas where you collect stress (I ESPECIALLY do) so make sure to massage your neck and shoulders A LOT during main stressing situations.

Massaging your hands: Relax one hand and massage the fingers, palm, and especially the skin between the thumb and forefinger (TRIGGER POINT!) and get the knots out and soften up your muscles. Repeat with other hand.

Ears: This one is kinda weird, I've never rubbed my ears before however - it feels nice. Start with the rim of the ear up and down, up and down, then move towards the inside of the outer ear this will increase blood flow and give you more energy (I made up that part).

Forehead: I am excited to use this one when I get a migraine. Put your forefingers of both hands on your hairline and push and pull up and down and side to side going up and down your hairline. You can either lean over or just sit up. Make sure you do it for 1-3 minutes for de-stressing effects.

Try em out! They help (especially massaging your neck and shoulders).

No comments:

Post a Comment