Friday, November 11

Milk. That creamy goodness.

I watched an NBC todays delivery of milk today and I am grateful for the alternatives. After watching Forks Over Knives I realized that I wanted to drop the dairy and meat from my diet almost completely. Something I really love is milk. However, I am willing to give it up completely. To replace it I need to find something else to provide calcium and that white cold drink sensation.

Almond Milk:
I've tried this one. I really like it. I like the nutty flavor.
Less calories, less fiber, less protein, high sodium however you get calcium, vit a, vit d, vit e
Nutty flavor. Creamy.
Use in cereal, oatmeal, coffee, anything

Hemp Milk:
My husband thought this one was really weird. I've never tried it. It just sounds weird to drink.
Less protein, no thc, however you get more omega-3's, brain health food
Mashed potatoes, cooking

Coconut Milk:
I have used this one but I have not just drank it.
Least amount of sodium, more saturated fat (but good heart healthy)
Creamy, coconuty.
Baking, etc.

Rice Milk:
I hate this one. It is really thin. Yuck.
More carbs, sodium and potassium, less protein, less fiber,
Sweet. Watery.
If you must use this one use it in cooking or something.

Soy Milk:
I like this one, but you need to find the kind (brand) that you like.
Most amount of protein (no more than 24g)
Beanier, Thicker
Drink, cereal, cooking, everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment